Our client, a leading specialty chemicals company represented in 25 countries, is looking for a Procurement Officer.
The incumbent will be responsible for all procurement functions on site.
Some of the duties include:
- Assist and guide end-users to use the correct Procurement platform for raising Purchase requirements, in line with Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Assist end-users to obtain quotes and estimates from relevant approved suppliers, by following the Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Purchasing material for inventory and non-stock items
- Reviewing Purchase orders and ensuring that it is send to the relevant suppliers
- Resolving errors on purchase orders as required
- Conducting price negotiations with suppliers
- Establishing and maintaining strong and trusting relationships with site specific suppliers.
- Analyse price trends and assess their impact on future activities as well as continuously develop market knowledge
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained and all complaints and non-conformities from suppliers are captured and managed
- Assist in general day-to-day activities and actions required in the running of the Procurement department to ensure stakeholder satisfaction and limited business interruptions.
- Diploma or Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain
- CIPS or other formal Procurement qualifications and association will be advantageous
- 5 – 10 years Procurement experience in a Technical Environment is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proven track record of negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of Technical procurement in Plant environment
Well structured remuneration package is on offer.
Apply directly or forward CV to email@example.com