Duties & Responsibilities
- All transport operations during a shift.
- Despatching the fleet according to schedule, including drivers and the correct size vehicles.
- Coordinating changes whenever necessary e.g. absentee drivers, vehicle break-downs and when changes are made to the despatch schedule to accommodate additional and split loads.
- Ensuring the fleet returns according to schedule.
- Managing the monitoring clerks in the office to follow up on problem stores, escalating problems to the Operations Manager where necessary.
- Reporting all queries from stores on handover of shift or following up on problems from the previous shift.
- Managing the Shift Operations Supervisors, Yard Supervisors and Shunters according to the despatch schedule and report any problems with loading to the Operations Manager.
- Reporting break-downs and initiating the relevant service to resolve these.
- Control all registers in the office – key controls, Toll cards and attendance registers.
- Staff discipline and all related procedures where necessary.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- The minimum requirement is Grade 12. Studying towards a Logistics/Transport Qualification will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of managing transport within a logistics environment is essential.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and email is essential.
- Must be available to work any shift and have own reliable transport.