Position in Logistics Industry
The main purpose of the position is to maintain all quality control & assurance policies and procedures by checking that all products meet quality and specification requirements, monitoring stock rotation and condition of any stock carried over.
A brief summary of duties:
Comply to all quality assurance policies and procedures.
Inspect all incoming products according to standards and legislative requirements to ensure that quality standards are achieved
Be alert to OH&S hazards and ensure proactive compliance
Assist in maintaining GDPs and facilitate GDP inspections on site
Draw up accurate daily, weekly & monthly reports timeously
Maintain the integrity of the checks done during night shifts and weekends
Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all quality forms.
Assist QA Manager with carrying out of audits and assessments on site when required
Continuously adhere to Food Safety requirements & documentation standards
Ensure that the quality of service is provided to our customer
• Senior Certificate and relevant 3 year tertiary qualification in Agriculture, Food Technology (or equivalent)
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in the food or fresh produce environment
• Proven experience in warehouse and logistics environment
• Quality Management Systems (QMS) & Good Distribution Practices (GDP)
• Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and procedures
• Computer Literacy – Ms Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Distribution Centre Management & SAP systems experience
A well structured remuneration package is on offer.