Ideal candidate must be goal orientated and driven to maximize profit margins for the company through procurement processes. The candidate must have strong communication skills and must be able to work under pressure to achieve company targets and deadlines. An entrepreneurial flair to think out the BOX will be beneficial. Buying experience will be an advantage in the FMCG and export market.
Qualifications and work experience:
- Minimum matric and three-year work experience in the procurement field.
- National Diploma in supply chain management will be an advantage for the position.
Skills and Qualities:
- Experience with logistical and export procedures.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in using other Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – English. (Portuguese will be an advantage)
- Must be willing to travel abroad to neighbouring countries. (Mozambique)
- Must be willing to work after hours/weekends if needed. (Stock takes etc.)
- Good admin and organising skills.
- Team player.
- Optimisation of Supplier Relationships.
- Ensuring products are bought and negotiated at market related prices or less.
- Negotiating trading terms with suppliers to achieve maximum payment terms, rebates and marketing support.
- Managing daily inventory processes.
- Forecasting, management of stock and purchasing thereof.
- Checking of GRN’s and invoicing after receipt of deliveries.
- Planning deliveries with suppliers and warehouse/receiving.
- Experience of problem solving; investigating and resolving queries promptly and effectively.
- Market surveys to be conducted to check competitiveness of product range.
- Sourcing of new suppliers and products on a regular basis to keep up with demand and trends.
- Setting up meetings with suppliers regularly to negotiate deals.
- Ensuring pricing master is up to date and communicated with management if any price changes take place.
- Retrieve reports from operating system and generate monthly reports to measure trends and manage stock levels.
- Retrieve reports from operating system and generate monthly reports for management.
- Administration must be maintained.
- Numerical and analytical skills.
- Placing of purchase orders and expediting them timeously.
- Articulate with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels is essential.
- Demonstrates strong organisational skills including an ability to prioritize effectively, deliver high quality work and adhere to stringent deadlines.