The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for providing support to staff and management regarding all HR administrative and operational functions. This position is the link between the organisations management and its employees. The HR Manager will perform a variety of tasks in fulfilling the main responsibility, which is leading the organisations HR programs as they apply to employee relations, compensation, benefits, performance and staffing levels. This role also needs to handle employee-related services, regulatory compliance and employee relations.
- A Degree/National Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Knowledge of current laws is essential.
- Managing the Human Resource and Payroll function for the company.
- Manage all Industrial Relations processes and risks with relation to performance management, disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Industrial Relations. (CCMA, Disciplinary hearings and Grievances etc.)
- Manage all Statutory Returns; EEA, SDL, WCC, etc
- Ensures legal compliance with and implementation of the relevant employment, employment equity and skills development laws.
- Manage relationships with the relevant SETA.
- Manage the Payroll process (Quarterly and Year End Tax Submissions, minimum Wage Adjustments, Quarterly STATS Questionnaire)
- Manage Provident fund / Medical Aid.
- Ensure that all leave is being actioned appropriately.
- Manage all the employee benefits for the companies.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process of new staff.
- Manage the administration of all the training and development initiatives.
- Prepare documentation associated with Job Offers, Employment Contracts and Job Descriptions.
- Maintain and update personnel information.
- Policy and procedure formulation
- Standard Operating Procedures Formulation
- Draft and update HR policies and train employees on it.
- Draft, update and implement Induction Programmes for the organisation.
- Provide counselling to staff that require confidential support in business related matters
- Stay abreast of all labour legislation and evolving needs of the employer and its employees
- Assist with the development and implementation of the overall HR strategies and initiatives in order to support current and future business needs.
- Promoting corporate values and nurture a positive working environment
- Archiving HR documents.
- Management of the Time and attendance system and leave administration
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
A minimum of five year’s relevant experience gained as a HR Generalist within a HR team, preferably in a retail environment. A working knowledge of the latest Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). A working knowledge of Employment Legislation and CCMA proceedings. The candidate would have to show the following skills: High levels of confidentiality, resilience, credibility and trust. Customer services focus both internally and externally and ensuring good interpersonal relationships. Accuracy in execution, attention to detail and reliability in meeting set deadlines and work with sense of urgency. Set priorities and uses organization and administration skills. Good communicator – oral & written. Be innovative and show initiative. Be self-reliant, self-motivated and take responsibility and have a sense of pride in work execution. Be able to work independently, as well as be a team player.