Leaders in the industry is looking for a dinamic competant leader to Manage the daily activities of the branch office in Polokwane, with duties such as insurance claim processing (home, auto, life, mortgage, etc.), marketing, auditing, loss prevention, and underwriting. Also provides updates to HQ regarding operating results, insurance trends, and competitor methods.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the daily activities of the branch office, with duties such as insurance claim processing (home, auto, life, mortgage, etc.), marketing, auditing, loss prevention, and underwriting.
- Hires, trains, and monitors the performance of new insurance agents.
- Provides updates to the regional manager regarding operating results, insurance trends, and competitor methods. May provide guidance on more complex issues.
- Develops new business through selling and marketing activities.
- Prepare report for the regional manager.
- Manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Give input into developing the budget.
- Must be capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Requires a bachelor’s degree.
- At least 3 years managerial experience in the industry
Strong analytical and PC skills; Aptitude to solve new problems; Ability to multi-task, working on several projects simultaneously for various stakeholders; Good verbal and written communication;
Good organisational and time management skills; Strong business acumen; Deadline-driven and ability to perform under pressure; Ability to lead, manage and mentor branch team; Accountability; Attention to detail; Information gathering; Team orientated; Treating Customers Fairly; Decision Making