Duties & Responsibilities
We are looking for a talented actuarial professional, with a specific focus on non-life reserving and capital. The successful candidate will be responsible for first-line actuarial work including regulatory reporting. Working closely with the senior management team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and maintenance of actuarial models.
- Provide the Exco/Manco with actuarial information to be able to make business decisions. This includes managing claims, expenses, commission, new products, potential acquisitions etc.
- Oversee preparations of statutory valuations and reports.
- Assist with the SAM developments and its implementation for the company.
- Support the business in development of new products, benefit enhancements and other new business initiatives.
- Support the CFO in financial reporting, claims experience and other actuarial investigations as required.
- Manage and oversee the actuarial department (+- 10 staff) and delivery of all actuarial work streams.
- Prepare and present monthly reports for MANCO.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for Board and Audit Committee.
- Assist the company to achieve its profit and new business budget.
- Provide actuarial support as and when required by the Swaziland office.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ actuarial experience, in life insurance preferably
- Detailed knowledge of actuarial valuations and financial reporting of life insurance business under IFRS and FSV
- Working experience with the SAM Pillar 1 requirements for life insurers, Insurance Risk Management, ORSA
- Pricing and product development experience
- Bachelor’s degree majoring in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science or related.